The coronavirus – or COVID-19 – pandemic that is currently spreading across the globe is an unprecedented situation that many of us are unsure how to handle.
During this stressful time, the team at Silk would like to reassure all of our loyal customers that our salon will remain a sanctuary of safety and comfort. Your health and safety always have, and will continue to be, our number one priority. This is why we will continue to maintain our excellent standards of hygiene, and introduce additional precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Strict Hygiene Practices
At Silk, many of the services we provide are very hands-on, which is why we have always maintained the strictest hygiene standards and practices. Nonetheless, during this time of increased potential for spread of disease, we are even more diligently and rigorously practicing cleaning and hygiene protocols, including:
- Increased sanitation and cleaning of all our tools and products, particularly in between customers
- Increased sanitation and cleaning of all surfaces throughout the salon
- All team members have been advised to follow strict personal hygiene regulations, including regularly and thoroughly washing their hands and coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue
- Increased use and availability of hand sanitiser throughout the salon
- Where possible, all team members have been advised to avoid touching their face, in particular their eyes, nose and mouth
- All team members have been strictly advised that they are to stay at home should they feel ill, display symptoms or come into contact with someone who is confirmed or suspected to have contracted COVID-19
How You Can Help
At Silk, we care deeply about each and every customer’s health and wellbeing, which is why we are more than happy to follow these extra precautions. To ensure that these measures continue to be effective, however, we respectfully ask that our customers similarly follow the best hygiene practice guidelines outlined by the Australian Government’s Department of Health. This includes:
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow or a tissue
- As much as possible, please avoid touching your face; particularly your eyes, nose and mouth
- Refrain from physical contact beyond what is necessary, such as handshaking
- If you are ill, are displaying COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone who is confirmed or suspected to have contracted COVID-19, please re-book or delay your appointment at Silk
These measures are to help ensure the health and safety of the Silk team, our clients, and the wider community.
Silk would like to thank all of our customers in advance for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Despite the challenges COVID-19 poses, at Silk we will continue to strive to provide our customers with a salon space in which they can feel rested, relaxed and rejuvenated.